Sandra Erwin and the folks at National Defense Magazine have a great article on the 10 Technologies the US Military Will Need for the Next War.
- Faster, Quieter, Safer Helicopters
- Weapons That Don’t Kill
- Inventions That Lighten The Soldier’s Load
- Ultra-Light, Super-Survivable Dune Buggies
- Unmanned Mini-Submarines
- High-Speed, Bulletproof Power Boats
- Anytime Anywhere Communications
- Robots That Think for Themselves <– My favorite
- Cheap Liquid Fuel
- Persistent ‘Wide Area’ Surveillance
Hopefully the Pentagon staffs, DARPA, and NDIA’s Industry leaders are already working on advancing these technologies and getting them into the field ASAP. Read the full post at National Defense Magazine.