Vijay Govindarajan latest HBR post Innovation’s Nine Critical Success Factors is one of those brilliant articles with clear, actionable points and should be saved to re-read every 3-6 months. I’ve added it to my innovation page. Here are the nine factors:
- A compelling case for innovation.
- An inspiring, shared vision of the future.
- A fully aligned strategic innovation agenda.
- Visible senior management involvement.
- A decision-making model that fosters teamwork in support of passionate champions.
- A creatively resourced, multi-functional dedicated team.
- Open-minded exploration of the marketplace drivers of innovation.
- Willingness to take risk and see value in absurdity.
- A well-defined yet flexible execution process.
Read the full post here.